Most often I hear parents stating that their child is struggling. This is such a difficult time for parents because often they feel helpless and are unable to help their child to thrive. With so many stressors in life, kids may not be happy and parents may be stuck in how they can help. Helping parents and their children to thrive is my passion!
Some areas that a child may be struggling with include social skills, behavior, authority figures, health, and self-esteem. These areas of struggle may be from one or more issues.
These issues may include:
- Survivors of child abuse
- Attention/Hyperactivity issues (ADHD)
- Bullying/Issues at school
- Lack of communication skills
- Discipline & Rules
- Divorce/Separation or family difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Death of loved one
Common ways of addressing these issues:
- Emotional regulation
- Confidence building
- Improving motivation and listening skills
- Stress management
- Building resilience and character
- Social interaction and communicating with peer groups and adults
Together, let us put a genuine smile back on your child’s face!